Lorem Ipsum
Kurt Cobain Fans Site

«    Septembre 2020    »
Dim Lun Mar Mer Jeu Ven Sam
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30

Kurt Cobain

Kurt_Cobain_Nirvana_Poster_C10077151.jpegBorn: February 20, 1967 - Hoquiam, Washington, USA
Died: April 5, 1994 - Seattle, Washington, USA
Cause: suicide

Kurt Cobain was born on February 20 1967, in Hoquaim, a small town southwest of Seattle. Kurt later moved to Aberdeen, where he had a happy childhood until his parents divorced. The divorce left Kurt's outlook on the world forever scared. He became withdrawn and anti-social. He was constantly placed with one relative to the next and at times even homeless, forcing him to sleep under a bridge.

Kurt was not the most popular person in high school, getting picked on by "jocks" and being labeled as "queer". In 1985 Kurt left Aberdeen for Olympia where he formed the band Nirvana in 1986. In 1989 Nirvana recorded their debut album Bleach under the independent label Sub-Pop records. Nirvana became very popular in Britain and by 1991 they signed a contract with Geffen. Their next album Nevermind became a 90s masterpiece and made Kurt's Nirvana one of the most successful bands in the world.

Kurt became trampled upon with success and found the new lifestyle hard to bear. In February 1992 Kurt married Courtney Love, the woman who was already pregnant with his child, Frances Bean Cobain. Nirvana released their next album Incesticide later that year. The album appealed to many fans due to the liner notes, which expressed Kurt's open-mindedness. In September 1993 Nirvana released their next album, 'In Utero', which topped the charts. On March 4, 1994,

Kurt was taken to hospital in a coma. It was officially stated as an accident but many believe it to have been an unsuccessful suicide attempt. Family and friends convinced Kurt to seek rehab. Kurt was said to have fled rehab after only a few days from a missing person's report filed by Courtney Love. On April 8th Kurt's body was found in his Seattle home. In his arms was a shotgun, which had been fired into his head. Near him laid a suicide note written in red ink. It was addressed to his wife Courtney Love and his daughter Frances Cobain. Two days after Kurt's body was discovered people gathered in Seattle, they began setting fires, chanting profanities, and fighting with police officers. They also listened to a tape of Courtney reading sections of the suicide note left by Kurt. The last few words were "I love you, I love you".


Kurt Cobain......

A Walking Tour of...

Born to Donald and Wendy Cobain on February 20th, 1967 at Grays Harbor Community Hospital, Kurt Donald Cobain's first home was at 2830-1/2 Aberdeen Avenue in Hoquiam. Cobain's father worked at Derrell Thompson's Chevron Station at 726 Simpson Avenue in Hoquiam while his mother stayed at home with the newborn.
1210 East First Street

The following year the family moved to 1210 E. First Street in Aberdeen, where Cobain would spend his early childhood, and enrolled at nearby Robert Gray Elementary School in 1972. When his parents divorced in 1976, Cobain moved with his father to nearby Montesano where the boy attended Beacon Elementary School. In 1981 for his fourteenth birthday, Cobain's uncle bought him a cheap electric guitar from Rosevear's Music Center at 211 E. Wishkah Street in Aberdeen.

Dale Crover's House - 609 West Second Street Cobain met Buzz Osborne of the Melvins in the summer of 1983 and could often be found at practice sessions at drummer Dale Crover's house at 609 W. Second Street in Aberdeen.

During his sophomore year, Cobain moved back to Aberdeen and enrolled at Weatherwax High School. He lived with his mother in the old family house; a mere two blocks from the legendary Young Street Bridge rising above the muddy banks of the Wishkah River. Whether Cobain ever slept under this bridge as he claimed is not certain, however, he did spend time beneath the south approach, as did many of the neighborhood kids. His schooling in Aberdeen continued in a series of fits and starts before he dropped out permanently. In the spring of 1984, Cobain also moved out of his mother's house.First Apartment - 404 North Michigan Street He found himself homeless and sometimes slept in a cardboard box on Crover's porch in Aberdeen or in the waiting room at Grays Harbor Community Hospital. Cobain worked at the Lamplighter Restaurant in Grayland, on the south beach of the ocean, for a time and later as a janitor at Weatherwax High School - earning e


Poster un billet
Titre* :
Nom :
Email* :
Contenu* :